Thoughts on Judaism

Friday, February 24, 2006

Anniversary

This week marked the first anniversary of this blog. Surely, you read all about the gala event in the New York Times. All the wires carried it. It has been a long haul since I began by discussing Rambam, magic and Judaism, Rambam's astronomy and whether or not the Chabad Rebbe was actually dead. Since then we have covered magic medicine, the Daas Emes, the Igros, apologetics and QM. We have seen the experience of the BT. We have visited the Rebel's dictionary, Dr. Suess and poetry corner, just for some laughs. We have challenged our kehila with quizzes from time to time. And we watched life move along. Most of the posts are categorized on the right column of this blog.

This blog was even given a great honor when popular blogger Dov Bear recognized great potential here. There are many blogs in my blogroll that will take up the drumbeat of the rebel cause, to stop the fundamentalists from driving the last of our frummy friends far from the fold of faith. I want to thank them all for making this such an enjoyable ride, for arguing with me, for agreeing with me, laughing with me, and for just leaving some plain weird comments.

I will be back from time to time, when subjects are provocative enough, or if I need an outlet for my sophomoric silly moods. But I feel other blogging pursuits calling me. Again, thanks to those who have made the trip so enjoyable.

7 Comments:

  • Thanks for all your important insights.Good luck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:04 PM  

  • I enjoyed all of your work, I hope you will put in an appearance now and then

    By Blogger Ben Avuyah, at 1:19 PM  

  • I am very sorry to see you leaving active duty. Your voice was an important one for the Jewish community to hear. I seriously think that you should submit some of your writings to Jewish newspapers, as some of them, with minor rewrites, would be of great interest to the Jewish community.

    They'd be of great use to the Orthodox community in particular, but few Orthodox venues would approve of much of your work. Nonetheless, it wouldn't hurt to try.

    Also, consider coming back with a short new article every few months. It would only take a few minutes of your time, but if it was in line with what you have already written, it would certainly be of interest.

    Thanks,

    Robert

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 PM  

  • Thank you for the time you put in to your blog. I learned a lot from it. What are the chances of t'chias hamesim a la the Godol?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 PM  

  • What other blogging pursuits?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 AM  

  • Some readers were shaken up by your blog. But fortunately, they sought out friends who can fact check you.

    Because you appear to have some limited vocabular for science and Torah subjects, those readers got the idea that you actually know something or have intelligent opinions. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth.

    It takes decades to make a Rav and it takes decades to make a scientist. It only takes a little idle time to make a nuisance.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

  • truth

    Just doing my part. If I am so untalented in these areas as you say, and I do not dispute it (I will have to let others evaluate that for themselves), I am satisfied to be a nuisance. Azehu Ashir? Hasameach b'chelko.

    And you great sages, just keep right on saging away. Our attitude will be that of R' Yochanan at the time of the destruction, "perhaps we can save a small measure".

    By Blogger Rebeljew, at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home